Dermal fillers near me are injectables designed to reverse the effects of aging. Some of these effects include plumping lips, filling facial wrinkles and lines, enhancing facial contours, and improving the appearance of scars. Filler treatments give your skin a smoother, more youthful appearance, keeping your skin looking plump and vibrant for months. Cosmetic surgeons who work with dermal fillers near me are sharing their tips on how to get the best results and how to make them last longer.
How To Prepare to Get the Best Results from Dermal Fillers Near Me
Minimal swelling and bruising is normal after receiving dermal injections. Do not be alarmed! But, there are steps you can take before your procedure to minimize these side effects and in turn get the best results more quickly.
- Avoid drinking alcohol for 24 hours before your treatment.
- Ask your dermal fillers near me physician about stopping supplements before your treatment. Certain allergies, conditions, or medicines can jeopardize your safety and results. Treatments such as primrose oil, ginseng, or vitamin E can exacerbate swelling or bruising.
- Avoid taking over the counter anti-inflammatories like Motrin or Ibuprofen for one week before treatments.
- Do not use anti-aging topical products, such as Retinols and retinoids, for 72 hours prior to receiving dermal filler treatments.
Steps to Take Instantly After Getting Dermal Filler Treatments
The first 24 hours right after dermal filler injections will determine how your skin will look for the next few months.
- Drink lots of water!
- Sleep on your back to avoid pressure on the injection sites.
- Avoid extreme heat or cold to minimize swelling and redness of the treated areas.
- Use sunscreen and avoid direct UV rays as your skin will be more sensitive and prone to damage.
- Avoid strenuous activities, such as exercise, for the first 24 hours after treatment.
Maintaining long-lasting results of your dermal fillers near me
After the first 24 hours, you should maintain proper after-care to maintain your results and enhance the benefits of your dermal fillers.
Wear Sunscreen Everyday
UV rays are the most common cause of damaged skin. UV rays cause collagen to break down which leads to lines, wrinkles, and discoloration. They can also undo all the benefits of dermal filler treatments by causing them to break down more quickly. Wearing a broad-spectrum sunscreen every day will help you avoid excessive exposure and maintain your results for a longer timespan.
Use Dermatologist Approved Skincare Products
Using an effective daily skincare routine will ensure you are getting the best results from your dermal fillers near me. Use a medical-grade skincare brand that includes products designed to help you maintain a radiant, youthful appearance. Ask your cosmetic surgeon to select the right products for you!
Protect Yourself From the Sun
Squinting and bright light can cause wrinkles and fine lines to form around your eyes and brows. If you received fillers around these areas, make sure you wear sunglasses and/or hats to maintain them. This will help you avoid squinting and straining around the eyes. Wearing sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses will provide extra protection from the sun and minimize glare.
Continuous stress is hard on your body. Stress causes your body to release cortisol, the hormone that controls your body’s “fight or flight” response. When your body is continually releasing cortisol, it will speed up the aging process and in turn affect how your body metabolizes your dermal fillers. By reducing stressors, your body won’t break down the dermal fillers as quickly.
Schedule an Appointment at Dermal Fillers Near Me
Physicians that are qualified to give dermal filler treatments need to have specialized training, an extensive amount of knowledge of facial anatomy, and the skill to ensure safe treatment. For high-quality and long-lasting results, search for “dermal fillers near me.” Experts at dermal fillers near me are dedicated to helping you get dermal filler treatments so you can look your very best.