101 Unique Social Media Statistics That Will Shock You
Social Media Agency Near Me
The first thing people do when they wake up is check their “socials”. The last thing people do when they go to bed is check their “socials”. The rise of social media has impacted people’s everyday lives and the way companies market their businesses. Social media is now a central part of most people’s lives.
Don’t believe it? Check out 101 facts that will show just how much of an impact social media has on people’s lives.
Social Media Statistics
1. There are about 4.6 billion people on social media, and this continues to grow by the day!
2. People spend about 2 hours and 30 minutes on social media a day.
3. About 50% of people rely heavily on social media influencers’ recommendations.
4. About 58% of the world’s population uses social media.
5. 91% of people access social media using a mobile device.
6. In 2020, at the start of the pandemic, social media platforms gained about 490 million users.
7. 54% of people use social media for the purpose of researching products.
8. 70% of people who have a positive experience with a business through social media will recommend them to their friends and family.
9. Facebook was launched in February of 2004 as the social network built specifically for students to connect with each other at Harvard.
10. Facebook is the top social media platform in the world.
11. 68% of adults use Facebook.
12. Facebook is the world’s third most visited site.
13. Facebook has 2.74 billion active daily users.
14. 73% of Facebook users in the US visit the platform daily.
15. 93% of users in the US visit Facebook weekly.
16. 510,000 comments are posted on Facebook every minute.
17. Users spend about 20 hours a month on Facebook. This averages out to about 34 minutes a day.
18. 56% of people use Facebook to get information.
19. 36% of people use Facebook as a source to get news.
20. Videos posted on Facebook have a 10x higher reach than Youtube links.
21. Posts with links get 73% less engagement than posts with videos.
22. 93% of US businesses are active on Facebook.
23. Facebook advertising yields the highest return on investment compared to all paid advertising channels.
24. Facebook users click on about 12 ads a month.
25. In 2012, Facebook became the first social media platform to reach over 1 billion active users.
26. Facebook was ranked #1 in social media investment, highest quality leads, and ROI paid ads.
27. Instagram was launched in October of 2010.
28. The first week of Instagram, the app was downloaded about 100,000 times.
29. Instagram has over 1 billion active users monthly.
30. 51% of Instagram users identify as female.
31. 71% of Instagram users are under the age of 35.
32. About 69,000 photos and videos are shared on Instagram every minute.
33. 500 million Instagram users view stories daily.
34. 11% of people use Instagram as a news source.
35. India has the highest audience size on Instagram. About 180 million people in 2021.
36. The US has about 170 million people using Instagram.
37. The average post has about 7 hashtags.
38. About 70% of businesses use Instagram.
39. 200 million Instagram users visit a business profile daily.
40. 81% of Instagram users use Instagram to search for products and services.
41. 50% of users visit a business website to purchase a product or service after seeing the profile through Instagram.
42. 90% of Instagram users follow at least one business.
43. 1 in 5 stories gets a direct message from its viewers.
44. 180 million people tap on Instagram shopping posts monthly.
45. Picture ads is the most popular type of sponsored ads.
97. Majority of marketers say they post on social media about four to six times a week.
98. 79% of marketers report investing in paid ads across social media platforms.
99. 80% of marketers claim funny content is the most effective on social media.
100. YouTube is the second-largest search engine globally.
101. Users spend the most hours on YouTube than any other social network at around 24 hours a month.
Understanding the importance of social media will help any business grow. These statistics will help you understand each platform a little more, how to use each platform to connect with your audience, gain more customers, and build your brand.
Search for a social media agency near me to get started today!