Social Media Agency Near Me
The first thing people do when they wake up is check their “socials”. The last thing people do when they go to bed is check their “socials”. The rise of social media has impacted people’s everyday lives and the way companies market their businesses. Social media is now a central part of most people’s lives.
Don’t believe it? Check out 101 facts that will show just how much of an impact social media has on people’s lives.
Social Media Statistics
1. There are about 4.6 billion people on social media, and this continues to grow by the day!
2. People spend about 2 hours and 30 minutes on social media a day.
3. About 50% of people rely heavily on social media influencers’ recommendations.
4. About 58% of the world’s population uses social media.
5. 91% of people access social media using a mobile device.
6. In 2020, at the start of the pandemic, social media platforms gained about 490 million users.
7. 54% of people use social media for the purpose of researching products.
8. 70% of people who have a positive experience with a business through social media will recommend them to their friends and family.
9. Facebook was launched in February of 2004 as the social network built specifically for students to connect with each other at Harvard.
10. Facebook is the top social media platform in the world.
11. 68% of adults use Facebook.
12. Facebook is the world’s third most visited site.
13. Facebook has 2.74 billion active daily users.
14. 73% of Facebook users in the US visit the platform daily.
15. 93% of users in the US visit Facebook weekly.
16. 510,000 comments are posted on Facebook every minute.
17. Users spend about 20 hours a month on Facebook. This averages out to about 34 minutes a day.
18. 56% of people use Facebook to get information.
19. 36% of people use Facebook as a source to get news.
20. Videos posted on Facebook have a 10x higher reach than Youtube links.
21. Posts with links get 73% less engagement than posts with videos.
22. 93% of US businesses are active on Facebook.
23. Facebook advertising yields the highest return on investment compared to all paid advertising channels.
24. Facebook users click on about 12 ads a month.
25. In 2012, Facebook became the first social media platform to reach over 1 billion active users.
26. Facebook was ranked #1 in social media investment, highest quality leads, and ROI paid ads.
27. Instagram was launched in October of 2010.
28. The first week of Instagram, the app was downloaded about 100,000 times.
29. Instagram has over 1 billion active users monthly.
30. 51% of Instagram users identify as female.
31. 71% of Instagram users are under the age of 35.
32. About 69,000 photos and videos are shared on Instagram every minute.
33. 500 million Instagram users view stories daily.
34. 11% of people use Instagram as a news source.
35. India has the highest audience size on Instagram. About 180 million people in 2021.
36. The US has about 170 million people using Instagram.
37. The average post has about 7 hashtags.
38. About 70% of businesses use Instagram.
39. 200 million Instagram users visit a business profile daily.
40. 81% of Instagram users use Instagram to search for products and services.
41. 50% of users visit a business website to purchase a product or service after seeing the profile through Instagram.
42. 90% of Instagram users follow at least one business.
43. 1 in 5 stories gets a direct message from its viewers.
44. 180 million people tap on Instagram shopping posts monthly.
45. Picture ads is the most popular type of sponsored ads.
46. Videos get about 21% more interactions compared to images and about 18% more interactions.
47. Twitter was launched in July of 2006 as Twttr
48. Twitter has about 353 million active monthly users.
49. There are 7 million Twitter users in the US.
50. 22% of adults in the US use Twitter.
51. A little over 50% of Twitter users in the US access the site daily.
52. 70% of Twitter users identify as male.
53. 99% of Twitter users are also active on at least one other social media platform.
54. 350,000 tweets are posted every minute.
55. 92% of tweets in the US come from only 10% of users.
56. The average Twitter user only tweets once a month.
57. 17% of US Twitter users get their news from Twitter.
58. 82% of people on Twitter watch video content on the platform.
59. Twitter is the sixth-ranked mobile app.
60. 83% of the world’s leaders are on Twitter.
61. Over 80% of B2B content marketers use Twitter ads.
62. Tweets with images get 18% more engagement than tweets without.
63. About 80% of Twitter users feel more positive about a business when they get a response to their tweet.
64. 80% of people on Twitter have tweeted about a business.
65. 76% of Twitter users are more likely to recommend a business after a friendly interaction through the app.
66. Over 80% of B2B businesses use Twitter for organic social media marketing.
67. A day’s worth of tweets would fill a 10 million page book.
68. Tweets that include hashtags get 100% more engagement.
69. 93% of Twitter community members are open to brands getting involved in conversations, such as providing support and help.
70. LinkedIn was launched in May of 2003.
71. LinkedIn has about 303 million active users monthly.
72. LinkedIn is the most trusted social media platform in the US.
73. 40% of users visit LinkedIn daily.
74. 40 million people use LinkedIn to search for jobs every month.
75. 3 people get hired through LinkedIn every minute.
76. LinkedIn posts with images get 2 times higher engagement than posts without images.
77. People on LinkedIn are 20x more likely to reshare a post with a video or picture.
78. There are 55 million companies on LinkedIn
79. 96% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for social media marketing.
80. 80% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn ads.
81. Companies that post on LinkedIn weekly will see twice the engagement compared to businesses that don’t.
82. Businesses that have an active and complete LinkedIn profile get 5x more page views.
83. 30% of a company’s engagement comes from its employees.
84. LinkedIn ads have more than 200 targeting characteristics.
85. 82% of B2B marketers report finding the greatest success on LinkedIn.
86. Over 46% of social media traffic to company’s websites comes from LinkedIn.
87. TikTok has about 1 billion active users monthly.
88. TikTok has the highest engagement rate per post compared to all other social media platforms.
89. 70% of users found ads on TikTok inspiring and enjoyable.
90. TikTok has the highest engagement rate per post across social media sites.
91. 46% of TikTok users engage in the app without other distractions.
92. 25% of TikTok users say they have purchased or researched a product after seeing a TikTok video about it.
Social Media Marketing Statistics
93. 93% of marketers in the world invest in social media marketing.
94. 67% of customers expect companies to have social media presence as a means to provide customer service.
95. 75% of marketers believe a social media presence is key to increased web traffic and business exposure.
96. Marketers who have used social media for at least 2 years have seen about a 50% increase in sales.
97. Majority of marketers say they post on social media about four to six times a week.
98. 79% of marketers report investing in paid ads across social media platforms.
99. 80% of marketers claim funny content is the most effective on social media.
100. YouTube is the second-largest search engine globally.
101. Users spend the most hours on YouTube than any other social network at around 24 hours a month.
Understanding the importance of social media will help any business grow. These statistics will help you understand each platform a little more, how to use each platform to connect with your audience, gain more customers, and build your brand.
Search for a social media agency near me to get started today!